Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tour De Force

We have four friends riding in the Tour De Force this year.  One of the ways they were able to raise money was through the Diamondbacks.  For $35 a ticket, we were able to support our friends (who are doing this for such a great cause), watch a Diamondbacks game from a suite, eat great food, spend time with people we love, and we were able to meet Luis Gonzalez.






It was sooooo hot!!  Mike met me downtown before the game so we could go together to get a passport card for Blip ordered.  Both legal guardians/parents have to be present (or have things notarized blah blah blah), so it worked out nicely since we both were going to be downtown anyway. 



By the time we both parked, walked to the Clerk of Court office, waited, paid, walked back to our cars....dropped one car off at 620, drove to the garage to park for the game, walked to the stadium, walked to the suite...and hung out in the suite lugging around a 17 lb heater for hours...I was DONE.  I doubt I have ever sweat so much in my entire life.  I was still sweating when we got home.


(which is another story...the downstairs a/c unit had stopped working.  luckily, the upstairs unit was working, so we were able to stay at the house for the night.  mike had the a/c repair guy out the next morning...and it was a part that was under warranty.  thank goodness for small miracles!)




We had a great time.  We were able to see so many friends from the old precinct...made me miss the good ol' days back in patrol.   I am so proud of our four friends who are doing this major bike ride to support fallen officers and to always remember 9/11.  Two of the four are guys I trained when they were rookies with Phoenix.  I hope they enjoy this experience!  I hope they get to go it again...and we can show our support next year too.


(and yes....I'm holding the baby by his crotch.  where else are you supposed to hold them without ripping libs from sockets?  glad so many people were able to mention it, tho.  lucky for them, it wasn't that night...or heads may have been chewed off.  i was seriously so hot and sweaty...and the baby kept puking on melissa and me (just not as bad as on melissa)...OMG...i wanted to die. or go home...then die in a cold shower...with no puke on me.)

No comments: