Wednesday, July 4, 2012

(boring) July 4th

This year we didn't really celebrate the 4th of July.  Mike worked and I ran errands preparing for our upcoming vacation.


I am finally leaving the state with NO wheelchair and NOT pregnant!


Today was, honestly, a crappy day.  But we survived...and I got to spend many hours with Blip, so that really made the day worth it.  I still love getting to wake up to his laughter and smiles...especially since it's usually not until close to 9am.


Today started close to 9:30am.  I changed his pants while Mike made a bottle.  Blip ate and played and watched Rio with us...he is loving is ability to bounce now that he's big enough for the exersaucer.




He went down for his morning nap around 10:45, so I paid bills while Mike took a nap before work.  He was up very early to buy our new (to us) hot tub!  We've been wanting one since forever...and Mike has been looking and looking on Craigslist for a "cheap" hot tub in great condition.  He finally found what he was looking for.  He had it moved into our backyard first thing this morning!  Now we just need the electrical work done so we can plug it in and go hot tubbing.  I can't wait to use it!


My "Mother's Day" gift also arrive this week.  Mike ordered shutters for the kitchen, eating area and family room for us around Mother's Day.  I ordered shutters for our bedroom last summer/fall and wanted to slowly add them room by room to the rest of the house.  Mike surprised me and ordered these ones sooner than I thought we would.  I absolutely LOVE them.  They make such a huge difference!  




I am super anxious to get the living room, dining room and entry done now too!  It may be a slower process to get those ordered and installed.  We may have to do the lower half first...leaving the upper windows coverless for a bit longer.  I really think covering them will help our APS bill drastically.  The sun is ALWAYS coming through those windows.  They are all on the south side of the house...coming down the stairs can feel like walking into an inferno.  The space is so tall and open that it must be killing our a/c units to try an keep the space cool.


I digress...


After Mike left for work, Blip and I ran some errands.  I had to return something to the Gymboree Outlet, so we picked up Richelle and Jake to tag along.  I dropped them off at the Nike outlet and made my way to Gymboree.  I returned three things and bought three things.  Almost an even trade. I was proud of myself...they are having a HUGE sale.  Their clothes are super cute and they wash/wear really well.  If you buy them right, you can spend less than you would on Walmart clothes.  I have never paid even close full price for anything...and his entire wardrobe (except jammies & a few onsies) is Gymboree.  (It's my little secret.  Or my obsession...I am buying ahead...that way I can keep on my hunt for the pieces to different outfits as they are marked down. Sssh....don't tell!)




On our way back to the car, I stopped at the Le Creuset Outlet.  I really (REALLY) want a cast iron pot.  I thought the outlet would be the perfect place to find myself one.  Uh...at $200+ for one dutch oven...I decided I'd keep using our worn out Costco pans. Maybe someday, but I'm way too cheap to buy myself that pot.


We made it back to the car and drove back to the Nike outlet.  When Richelle and Jake never came out (NEVER)...I got in the back seat to get Blip out of his seat.  He needed to stretch, have his diaper changed and he needed to eat.  By the time those two came back to the car, he needed his pants changed again...and then he needed his entire outfit changed.  I don't know why he only likes to have a blowout when Dad is at work...and I'm out with Richelle.  He is more than welcome to spread out the poop love, tho.




Once Blip was changed (and Richelle and Jake found a snack) we were on our way to finish our errands. About half-way to Khol's, Richelle got a phone call inviting her family to a BBQ/swim/fireworks party, so she needed to get home.  Luckily, I was able to still run into Khol's to make my return and pick up a pair of jeans.  I just bought a pair, but need the next size smaller before we leave town.  That's happy.


I drove Richelle and Jake home...then headed back to the same shopping center to finish what I needed to do.  I made a return at Target and then picked up a few things for Mike.  We hurried into Marshall's to make a return (and to see if the had a cast iron pot lying around for a reasonable price).  Once we were done there, it was time to go home (with no new pots).


I stopped off to pick up something to eat.  I was hoping to have dinner with Mike, but his squad was too busy for him to take a break at all.  I called in and ordered Mexican food from Top Shelf...and while I waited, I fed the baby again.  He is such a trooper.  He never cries or complains...as long as he gets a dry diaper and food, he's up for anything.  I love how content he always is...I hope it's not just when he's with me!


We made it home, Blip played on the floor while I forced myself to eat expensive, but gross Mexican food.  We giggled together for a while.  Blip got his bath, story, music and more milkies...and I got to rock him to sleep (in his bigger 6-9 month jammies).  I love my baby boy more than words can express. He brings so much joy to my life...I can't imagine how I made it so many years without him here.




Next July will be much more eventful for us.  We will be getting ready to go on our big Rodgers Family Vacation for my dad's 70th birthday!  I can't wait to be on our way to paradise with my fabulous family.  I can't wait to see Blip toddling around on the beautiful beaches in Hawaii...and I can't wait to experience Pearl Harbor with my dad.  This last year has come and gone so quickly...as much as I want time to slow down, I can't wait for next July.

1 comment:

Smathers House of Girls said...

we love gymboree! I think it's funny that they mark down "last seasons" clothes. Do babies care if the puppy on their shirt is a 2011 puppy rather than a 2012. I sure don't. I do love the discount. Their dresses are my favorite.