Our little miracle is getting bigger and bigger. He is quickly outgrowing his 3-6 month size clothes. He still fits is some of them, but I have been washing the next size. Most of what we took on vacation was either 6-9 or 6-12 months. He outgrew his jammies first...he is too long for them.
I would like to be writing about how much Blip rolls over and over, but he does not. He rolls from his back to his tummy still, but he refuses to go the other direction. When he does roll onto his tummy, he instantly fusses. We think with all the reflux issues that it must hurt his tummy when he puts all that pressure on it. He has stopped a lot of the rolling altogether.
At about 4 months 2 weeks, I gave in and started Blip on Oatmeal. It lasted a few days before the tears started. We quit that crap altogether. He doesn't seem to need more food...and he certainly is not interested in eating solids yet, so we will wait until he is. He is clearly getting enough calories and does not need to start solids until he's at least six months. I probably won't even go back to the oatmeal crap...we'll just move onto something with nutritional value.
Blip doesn't mind spending time in his high chair. It is helpful to have another place I can safely stow him if/when I need to.
I love every second I get to spend with my son. I hate leaving him everyday, but I know he is in good hands. Mike loves to be home with him for the first half of the day. They seem to have a good time together each workday.
I am so thankful for my sweet little Blip. He brings me joy I didn't know was possible. Life feels so much more complete with him here. I love every little thing about him so much. As I rock him at night, I try to memorize his perfection. His little ears...the right one is bendy. His hair is a bit crazy...still a little reddish, but lots of blond growing. His nose is the perfect shape for his face...and his bottom lip pouts out when he falls asleep.
His cheeks are full, and he has the softest skin. As he gets sleepy, Blip rubs his head. He usually ends up scratching himself, but it seems to soothe him. Likewise, when I softly rub his head, you can watch his face relax as he is soothed. His tiny fingers hold my fingers most nights, but lately he's been getting two big handfuls of my shirt and holding on for dear life.
When he's awake, his deep blue eyes are so full of life. His eyes are so expressive. He loves to watch what's going on around him. He is so interested in what everyone is doing. When I walk in the door from work, Blip pouts, acts mad, and he refuses to look at me. It takes him a little while to forgive me and look at me. It hurt me at first, but I've seen him do it to Mike too, so the sting is slightly less. He makes eye contact with me while I rock him to sleep or just sit on the couch and feed him. He seems to get over me leaving him all day pretty quickly...and we enjoy the few hours we get together.
I know how lucky we are to have been blessed with this miracle.
It almost hurts us Infertiles to see how quickly it can happen...and how cheap it is! No struggle. No emotional suffering. No needles. No loans. No physical pain. No back and forth to appointment after appointment. Just sex and pregnancy and baby. It seems unreal that it actually works this way for some.
I will be forever grateful when those I love are no longer struggling to make it to the other side...holding their own child and on this side of infertility.





1 comment:
I love his monthly onesies. I wish I had done something creative like that for violet. She also hated oatmeal. At 6 months she loved avocados! I liked that I didn't need to cook them first. Water and blend!
Creepy side note- my auto spell thing changed onesies to penises. I am so glad I caught that before I posted.
Post a Comment