Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sleep, Slides & Corndogs

We spent Saturday doing some of our favorite things...starting with sleeping in.  After we got our butts out of bed, we headed to Target to pick up a birthday present for Mike's God-son, Tyler.  Tyler turned five on Friday and yesterday was his party.

I can't wait for Mike to spoil his daughter rotten...and never say "no."

We spent the rest of the day playing with Miss Molly and laughing with Patrick & Sarah...two of our favorite things for sure.


When we arrived at the party, Molly was already there and came RUNNING to me...calling my name and everything.  *sigh*  I scooped her up and gave her a huge hug...and then she planted a kiss on my lips with her Doritos cheese covered lips.  It was so funny and so sweet...and so cheesy.  What a doll.

Tyler & his little sister, Lizzie

So Tyler ran around with his friends and we played with Molly.  I am loving her age...I love when kids get to the point the can verbally communicate with you and are more fun than babies.  I hope I thoroughly enjoy my own babies from birth to three.  I love the infant stage, but then I really don't get too excited until kids are closing in on three.

In Patrick's defense...that's Molly's corndog & pink backpack. haha

We left the party and wondered what to do next.  We never go out anymore and I figured we'd sit on the couch and watch a movie on Netflix.  Instead we headed out to meet some friends at Popo's (where Garcia's used to be on 59th Ave & Bell).  We sat and chatted while we enjoyed a cheese crisp, chips and salsa.  After that, we headed to Mellow Mushroom for 1/2 price wings.  They have THE best baked wings...and we get them naked (no sauce).  Yum.  We sat there for a couple hours and chatted with out friends Sheila and Mario.  It was nice to be out of the house.

No comments: