Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our IUI Procedure (and you thought cops used too many ancronyms)

We had a quick appointment with Dr. Behera on Tuesday morning. Our IUI was scheduled for 10am, so Mike & I drove to the office bright and early so he could do his thing at 8:15. We went for breakfast and then headed back to be there in time for our next step.

Dr. Behera came into the exam room to talk to us before the procedure. She wanted to let us know the results of the second analysis. The numbers were consistent with the first one, so we have some tough questions that will need answers in our near future.

She asked us if we still wanted to go ahead with the IUI...we just looked at each other. I asked her what her professional opinion was...was it worth it- both money wise and and actual chance of it working? She said she thought it would be worth it to go ahead this month, but she did not recommend doing again. At this point, it wouldn't be worth it (for more than one reason) to continue doing the procedure more than this one time.

Mike is going to see a specialist (a urologist), but unless there is an underlying issue we are unaware of...the numbers are going to be "consistent" from here on out. **sigh** The look on Mike's face hurt me worse then being punched in the face.

We went ahead with the procedure. It took about a minute and was painless. I had to lay there for about 10-15 minutes to avoid light-headedness. While I laid there, the nurse went over the rules for the hormones I have to take for the next two weeks. If I get pregnant, I will take then for another 9-10 weeks to help keep the pregnancy (since I don't make enough progesterone). (Could we catch a break somewhere, sheesh?)

After our appointment, Mike drove me to the airport so I could catch a plane to Seattle with Richelle.

We are praying this works. How cool would that be?! It would take a miracle, but hey- I think we're due for one right about now. :)

5 comments:

Carol said...

you are for sure due for a miracle! a few weeks of progesterone - that's not so bad. it will work, no worries and if i recall correctly...you really were punched in the face one time as a cop weren't you?!

Melissa said...

Just said a little prayer for you. Hugs, my friend!

Mrs. Buv said...

Carol - more than once in training...once on the street. I still wanna punch that guy back!!

Melissa - Thanks, Woman!! :) Just found your blog...I'm excited to have a fun new blog to "stalk"...esp one all about twins!!

Funny- both my comments on this blig were from the two poeple I know with twin boys!! Funny. :)

The Willeyes said...

Randi-hugs and prayers to you. You do deserve a miracle, and I hope you get one..or maybe two :) Love ya!

Ann Marie said...

Many prayers for you and Mike! God is so good and it brings tears to my eyes thinking about what you are going through and how amazing He is. I can't wait to hear if the IUI was successful. Keep trusting our Father my friend! *hugs*