Friday, November 20, 2009

The Purrrrr-fect Party

To celebrate my oldest sister turning 40, we wanted to throw her a surprise party!! Everything was planned...Bill was in, Shanna was in, Sydney was in....the plans were all under way, and we were getting very excited!! And then the Millennium High School football team won one too many games and ended up in the playoffs. The first playoff game was scheduled for...yep- you guessed it- Friday night November 20th!! We had to ruin the surprise, but we would have had to cancel the entire party otherwise.


Robyn & Bill went to dinner while Richelle, Sydney, Billy & I got everything set-up. People started showing up & then the birthday girl arrived. We had a few good surprises in store...the first one greeted her as she walked in.


We decided to do a "black cat" theme since Robyn loathes them...she is deathly afraid of real black cats. So what would make a better 40th birthday party theme!? We had cats in all shapes and sizes...the cake was of course a black cat (courtesy of Carlys), we had black cat cookies, black cat serving bowls, black cat games (including pin the tail on the cat!!)...we had it all!!


Richelle and I had so much fun planning this party...we laughed so hard every time we found something in "black cat" for this event. I hope Robyn knows how much I truly love and appreciate her. She has been an amazing older sister...I have learned so much from her. She has been a dependable shoulder my entire life...I know my toughest times would have been unbearable without her and her family standing by my side. I hope I am able to be there for her in the same ways when she's in need.


I love you Robyn!! Happy 40th Birthday!! I'm so glad you will ALWAYS be older than me!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

it was a great party but i didnt think it would be anything but since you girls are the ones planning it - you always know how to throw a great shin dig!

The Willeyes said...

What a cute idea, and what great sisters. I love it...the decorations, everything were just great!