Friday, November 6, 2009

CNG

I currently have a city vehicle...I'm not sure how much longer this blessing will last, but for now I'll keep loving my Ford F150 long bed alternative fuel vehicle. This beast uses regular unleaded gasoline & CNG...but the best part of this vehicle is the blue plate that allows me to use the carpool lane!! It saves me from hurting someone (or myself) nearly everyday...morning & afternoon. I heart this truck.

I was never "trained" or taught how to use the CNG, I honestly just LOVE LOVE LOVE the alternative fuel plates. Every now & then I force Rob to get gas with me, so he can help me with the CNG. I need to use it 50% of the time, but I am honestly CNG retarded. Rob has tried to teach me...a park ranger has tried to teach me, my friend Greg has tried to teach me...it's pointless. I just want to get gas. **sigh**

At work on Friday I was LOW on gas...on Thursday I was out near PV mall doing follow-up and had to put my own $$ in gas in the tank to get me home...I was running late and had NO idea where to get gas. I forced Rob to go with me so I could get CNG...he was on the phone when we pulled up, so I thought I would frustrate the crap out of myself and try the stupid CNG all by myself. I figured the worst that could happen is an explosion and quick death...a risk I was willing to take after the week I'd had.




Miraculously I was able to connect the CNG tube ALL BY MYSELF!! I know this doesn't seem like much, but I've had the truck for at least a year...and I try at least every other week to hook the stupid thing up & have NEVER been able to do it. I always look like an idiot and some other city worker feels sorry for the stupid girl cop & hooks it up for me...

When you've had the week (or month) I have...this would make you happy too. Trust me. :)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Well I, for one, congratulate you. :)