Carlys and I started talking about what we wanted to do several weeks ago, but our idea fell through (because the stupid restaurant's opening date keeps getting pushed back). We finally just asked Chelle what she wanted to do...I voted for making the drive to Scottsdale in order to celebrate at the Melting Pot. She agreed.
Since the 1st was on a Sunday, we celebrated at Dad's on the actual day. I kinda just invited Mike & myself...but who wouldn't want us to show up when we moved over here in order to do so..?? Carlys made a pretty cake and we had yummy dinner...
But nothing can top our favorite place- the Melting Pot!! The group included- Anthony, Richelle, Randi, Mike, Mom, Dad, Raelynn, Michael & Wendy. It was a great group!!
We got four pots...and it was Raelynn's first time having fondue!! Mike & Anthony shared the four course meal...Richelle and I stuck to the agreed upon cheese and chocolate ONLY...Raelynn had cheese and some of Dad's entree...Mom stuck to the cheese and chocolate...and I'm honestly not 100% positive what Wendy and Michael ended up with. I know Wendy had some cheese before Michael arrived...then Michael had some of his own cheese...but I'm not sure what happened at that end of the table after that...until the chocolate.
Something happened when I get to eat fondue...the rest of the world shuts off...or something. The same thing happened a few weeks ago for my good friend Erin's birthday. I don't think I was actually present for parts of the meal...I was in LaLa land or something. Very strange.
Anywho- we all enjoyed getting fat & happy from the fondue. It was a great meal...full of laughs, good food and great company.
I hope my Prettiest Sister had a great birthday. I can't wait to celebrate many, many more birthdays with the best friend a girl could ever ask for...I seriously must be the luckiest girl EVER!! I ended up with the BEST sisters...they definitely make the BEST friends.

2 comments:
yay sounds like she had a great birthday! she for sure deserves it!!!
You do have great sisters, how lucky. Happy Birthday Richelle :)
Post a Comment