Saturday, August 8, 2009

Decoupage Donations

On Saturday the Alumni from the GCC volleyball team 1998-1999 & 1999-2000 put together a benefit for Kim's family. I wanted to help out, but didn't think having part in teaching anyone how to play volleyball was a good idea...for anyone. I was asked to help at the sign in table and was asked to bring a box to collect any donations.

I decided I wanted to make the box...well, not MAKE the actual box, but make the box. I am not exactly a crafter, and I've rarely (if ever) made something anyone would want to hold on to...

I decided to teach myself how to decoupage, so last week I drug Mike to Michael's (the craft store) to pick a few things up that I would need to complete my project...about 2 hours later (it was a lot harder to figure out what I needed than I thought) we checked out & headed to Coldstone. After a much needed ice cream break...we headed home.

Royal Blue is the color designated to signify colon cancer. So, I painted the box blue and went from there...what I came up with made me really happy. The amount it collected made me even happier.


2 comments:

It's My Life said...

Wow! You did a great job. It looks wonderful. I think you are more crafty than you think!

Carol said...

that is super cute!! i LOVE it!! very impressive mrs. crafty buv!