Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10th.

Nine years ago August 10th became a day I would never forget.

As we all have learned, life never stand still and whether or not we want it to life keeps moving forward.

Like every year, today I made plans to have lunch with my Prettiest Sister & her boys...Carlys came too...unfortunately "lunch" was at McDonald's this year. I got to Richelle's late and yada, yada, yada we ended up at McDonald's.

One of the "yada's" was the 4 o'clock birthday party I attended this afternoon. Kim's baby girl, Kyrsten (aka Kiki), turned six today. I was in charge of bringing the cake.


We had a small party in the "family room" at the Cancer Center. Kiki had fun opening a few gifts, blowing out candles and playing with her new pink Nintendo DS (when she could get it away from her brother Dylan).
Kiki's actual birthdya party will take place this Sunday at home...I'm glad I got to attend this smaller party...plus on Sunday I get to spend time with Kim instead of spending time with screaming six year olds!!


2 comments:

Carol said...

just for the record - i did call you yesterday but you didn't answer - but i was thinking of you! yada yada yada (i just wanted to say that)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you'll see this msg. or not...but I hope you will. I was directed to your blog via Kim Fights Cancer.

My niece & I met Kim & Kiki in line to meet the Princesses at DisneyLand in March 2009...they both touched our hearts during those 2 hours in line. We talked about her diagnosis & about my brother (ironically named Randy) who died in 1999 due to complications of Type One Diabetes. Kim & I exchanged blog addy's but it was several months later when I came across that slip of paper in my camera bag that I discovered she'd lost her battle to this damn disease.

I wrote to her mom to let her know I had pictures of Kim & Kiki (my niece, then 19, is named Courtney but my little boy couldn't say it so he called her "Kiki". Isn't God awesome for putting us together in line that day?). I sent the photos to her mom but I'd love to send them to you too, as they are both of your dear friend...taken at your favorite place on Earth. Please email me: pamperedwife@cox.net

xoxo,
Becca