Saturday, August 1, 2015

School Summer Program 2015

Blip's school had a end of summer program to send off the kiddos that will be starting kindergarten this year.  The kids sang, danced, recited some stuff they've learned, and showed off how smart and well behaved they all are thanks to our beloved Ms. Barbie.




 It seems like every program there has been so far we don't sit near where Blip stands.  It's comical, but he was at the opposite end most of the program...until he got moved to the middle by Ms. Barbie.  I'm wondering what he did (because we couldn't see what he was doing) to get moved...made us laugh.  He was dancing around and only half paying attention, so I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it.





We sat with Amy and Dave...so Amy stole the baby and snuggled with her the entire time.  Sister is the best baby ever.  I always joke that if all babies were as good/easy as she has been...everyone would have 12 kids.  She is so easy going and happy...she doesn't really cry unless she needs to eat and feels ignored (while you make a bottle).  She lets out a little yelp to let us know she's ready...and if you don't move quick enough she let's out a scream (like a normal baby).  It always surprises me to hear her cry because it's so rare!


Anyway...the kids recited the presidents (up to Theodore Roosevelt), the Preamble (that I learned in the 5th grade), several cute songs...including Old Miss Barbie Had a Farm.  Each of the kids was asked to make/bring a mask for the animal they chose.  We had to make a puppy dog mask.  I found an idea I thought I could handle on Pinterest and went to work.  Surprisingly enough...I had all the supplies on hand.  Like I'm a regular old mom.  I was happy about that.


I was pretty happy with how it turned out, too.  I think it was perfect and Blip was super cute as a puppy dog.

No comments: