I took the day after Christmas off work to spend the day as a family...but Mike made plans to go hunting, so that was pretty much a wasted day off. In hind sight...I should have sent Blip to his already paid for day care/school and gone to work, but I guess lesson learned.
So I did not take the day after New Year's off...why bother? Of course Mike gets the idea AFTER I'm at work to go play in the snow up north. After I made sure he had confirmed plans in place...I put a slip in a left a couple hours early. We met up with Patrick, Sarah, and kids and caravanned to the snow.
We started towards Prescott, but didn't find anything, so we turned back north and made our way towards Flagstaff. We pulled off at Munds Park and found the perfect little spot. I knew with being pregnant I wouldn't be doing a lot (if any) actual playing in the snow, but I was perfectly content with that. None of my snow clothes fit this year anyway with the baby bump I've got...and I wasn't buying anything this size, so I opt'd to sit and watch from the car...I was warm and there was no chance of slipping and falling (and ending up in the ER).
Our trip got started a little later than we hoped, but we had enough day light to make everyone happy. As the sun started to set everyone was cold and done, so it was perfect.
After we got warmed up, we drove into Flagstaff and had dinner at Cracker Barrel. A friend of mine that I went to the academy with, Wayne ands family were up playing in the snow too, so they joined us for dinner. It was a really good time...totally worth missing work for. It was 9 degrees outside when we loaded back into the car to head home...I love Phoenix.
TWINS SENIOR YEAR HOMECOMING PARADE!
3 weeks ago












No comments:
Post a Comment