When we got into the exam room, he climbed right up in the big chair and waited for more instructions. Last year I had to hold him...and hold his head still for the doctor. Not this year. He seemed so big up in that chair...he followed all of the instructions and was able to complete the exam without any help from us. Bro my heart just a little that he's so big, but it also made me proud of how he listened and behaved.
They needed to dilate his eyes to get the right prescription. I said whatever they need to do (within reason, of course), but Mike was instantly angry...and then he's 'nice' to everyone. Especially me. (rolling my eyes) I'm not sure why I get treated like pond scum because our son needs to have his eyes dilated, but at least I know from the last two appointments that it's coming, so I'm prepared for the attitude. Oh well...such is life.
Blip needed a new, stronger prescription. I couldn't care less if he needs glasses...I think they are adorable and whatever he needs to succeed it okay with me. Mike, on the other hand, was upset the second the doctor said it. He was visibly angry. I get that glasses aren't what he wants his son to have in a perfect world, but in reality- what's the big deal!? Who cares..?? There are so many things that would/could be so much worse than glasses...I don't think I will ever understand why he cares SOOOOO much that it affects him so negatively.





No comments:
Post a Comment