On Saturday morning Mike and I slept a few minutes later than we planned, but still managed to get out of bed, get the three of us ready, and out the door in about 45 minutes.
Our tickets were for the 10:30am show...which was the best time for Blip's happiness. The other times were either during nap time or too close to bedtime. It worked out perfectly. The day after I bought our tickets The Fertility Treatment Center announced their annual "family day" (I think that's what it's called) was the same day as Elmo. As luck would have it...their party started at 1pm. It was going to be a busy, but good day.
The show started and Mike came back with popcorn and drinks. Blip loves popcorn, but that didn't keep his attention for too long. He is a strange duck...in a good way. If he is buckled into something (high chair, car seat, booster seat, etc) he will sit and watch an entire movie without making a peep. If he's not buckled...he's on the move. And he doesn't slow down.
Blip liked the balloon in the car on the way home. And he drug it around a few times at home, but he really couldn't have cared less about the dumb balloon. Next time...unless he asks for a balloon...I'm not offering. Our Disney balloon cost about that much, but it lasted for about two months...and something lit up inside. We'll see how long Elmo lasts. Oh well...at least it was only $10. (Another dad at the show couldn't buy his kid a balloon because he said he needed to buy a beer...and he could only afford one- a balloon or a beer. The beer won. Sad.)
We left the show right around noon. I was hoping it would have ended about 11:30 so we could grab lunch at the Phoenix Market they have downtown on Saturdays...with food trucks. We weren't so lucky. Instead we grabbed fast food and ate on the way to the Fertility Treatment Center. We arrived just before 1pm. Blip jumped in a bounce house, enjoyed the petting zoo, and rode a little train thingy. We heard one of the staff say that Dr. Behera was supposed to be arriving shortly, but Blip was too tired for us to keep waiting. I really just wanted my yearly picture with her and our Miracle.
We drove home and spent the afternoon playing outback in the beautiful weather. Mike picked up dinner at Humble Pie, and then we spent the evening on the couch together watching Monsters University.
I absolutely love days like these. We don't get to spend many days together...and life seems so busy that the days we do get together seem full of running errands, plans with other people, cleaning, etc. I cherish times we get to play, watch movies, play games and just be a family.
I absolutely love days like these. We don't get to spend many days together...and life seems so busy that the days we do get together seem full of running errands, plans with other people, cleaning, etc. I cherish times we get to play, watch movies, play games and just be a family.








No comments:
Post a Comment