Friday, May 3, 2013

Long Legs

The swing/slide thingy I found...and thought would be just perfect pretty much is.  Or at least it would be if my son didn't have such long legs.  He is the perfect age and weight, but his long legs will definitely shorten the life span of the swing usage.  Not to mention he is used to the swings at the park....he likes to go high and fast, so this little swing barely got a smile.



Since we were able to acquire the majority of the "new" stuff for the backyard for very little money, we decided maybe we should look for the next size up swing/slide thingy.  Not quite a swing set, but something a little bigger.  So I went back to Craigslist and found what we were thinking of.  It had been posted a while (which is ow I knew it existed), so the price had come down quite a bit.









Mike called the sellers and made an appointment to go look at it/pick it up after work on Monday night.  It's in great shape...and for $150, too!!  The new version of what we got is $599 plus shipping, so we are happy with our great find (again).





This should last us until we are ready to get serious about a swing set...and hopefully we can buy that in several years for Blip AND his sibling(s).  The backyard is officially Blip's...







We are having the additional pool fencing installed in two weeks.  the turtles need to find a new home before then because I think we are having half of the patio fencing removed and hauled off.  Not sure I'm ready for all that, but we aren't sure what else to do at this point.



I was remembering when we first moved in to this house...Mike and I talked about what we wanted our backyard to be some day.  My vision included a swing set, a sand box, and lots of noise...kids stuff strewn about. *happy sigh*  His vision- a manly man's yard...built in bbq, a few other fun items, but NO kid's toys.  And a sandbox and a swing set were 100% off limits.  I laughed and let it go back then.  I knew he would change his mind.  His smiles are usually even bigger than Blip's.



I sure do love my boys.

No comments: