Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Follow-up With Our GI Doc

We met with Dr. S last Monday for a follow-up.  I should have either made notes, or done this in a more timely fashion...oh well.


Blip weighed in at 25 pounds 5 ounces, and he was 33 inches long exactly.  He is back to being on the right growth track, so we are no longer concerned he isn't getting what he needs food wise (at this point).


After asking lots of questions, we have decided to wean Blip from the Prevacid.  He definitely still has reflux, but we believe it's much less than it was.  He still regurgitates at times, but he doesn't complain of pain.  I asked for him to be weaned.  The Prevacid is not good for him long term, so I wanted him off of it asap.  Dr. S agreed.  I asked if we could just use the Zantac to supplement if he seemed to need it...and Dr. S said we could.  I am much more comfortable with this plan (as long as the baby is not in pain).  We can always go backwards, but for now, I think this is the right decision.



We are to leave Blip on the Toddler Formula until he's two.  I wasn't too thrilled with that, but mainly because it's freaking expensive.  Other than that, I don't care what he's on.  Dr. S said we can now wean Blip from the bottle...and said he needs to be done with.  Ugh.  Now starts that nightmare.  I seriously am not looking forward to this at all... especially since I'm not the one home with him the majority of the time.


I think that's the bulk of our appointment.  I'm sure I'm leaving something out...

No comments: