Friday, April 12, 2013

50 Years

We celebrated Pat and Ken's 50th wedding anniversary about a month ago.  March was a busy month...too busy.  The first weekend we spent at Disneyland.  The next weekend Mike went to Lake Havasu for a much needed (and long awaited) fishing trip with his dad and little brother.  The next weekend was the anniversary party, and David was in town, too....and that's when the puking started (definitely did not have anything to do with David).  The next weekend Mike went back to Lake Havasu with a friend, and the next weekend was Easter.








The anniversary party was weekend #3...the party was on their actual anniversary.  I'm struggling with what to write about the party, so I don't think I will write much of anything.  My blogging has slacked off after being told I offend people with what I write, so now I'm a little gun-shy.  It shouldn't matter what I write here...although it's open (at this point) for anyone to read, this is still MY blog.  The place I come to journal...it used to be such a healing place for me.  Now...I rarely come here.  I need to move past the hurt, but I still haven't figured out how to move past the pain of what was said about my writing. Oh well...I guess I will figure it out as I go.





It was so fun to celebrate Ken and Pat and their amazing accomplishment.  50 years is a long damn time.  And if you are married...you know marriage is hard, so add some additional years on to that 50 and I'm sure that's what it felt like. :) They've shared a lot over the years...five kids, 13 grandkids, jobs, cars, houses, etc.  Pretty cool, if you ask me.



Pat's two sisters and their husbands flew out to help celebrate. I had never met Margie and Jim or Marybeth and Bill, so I was very excited to spend a little time with the extended family.  Finally. :)



The party was mostly family and a few friends.  There was a short program, dinner, and dancing.  It seemed like everyone had a great time.  By the end of this party I felt like I did at Sydney's wedding.  DONE.  Too many hours in shoes I hadn't worn in too long...my feet were killing me, my flab was being held in by Spanx and needed to be freed and in pajama pants with a big t-shirt.  Instead, I wrestled with Blip all night so Mike could really enjoy the party with his family.  Each time I said I needed a break, Mike took him for a few minutes, but brought him back quickly. I didn't want Mike to worry with Blip, so I didn't mind taking him back.





The party started at his nap time, so he was DONE long before I was...and LONG before the party ended.  In hind sight, I should have sent him home to bed with my parents, or arranged with a friend to pick him up and take him home.  It was way past his bedtime...plus no nap...and he didn't eat enough all day to sustain a happy baby.  Unhappy Blip is very stressful to Mike...and I know that, so it's easier to keep both of them happy if I manage the baby and Mike enjoyed the party.  And he really seemed to have a good time.  That made me happy.

2 comments:

E said...

Your comment about your flab tucked into spanx and your painful shoes made me feel much better about how terribly under dressed I was. LOL

I was/am kind of embarrassed, but on the up side, (or down side, for those who has to watch, lol) I was able to dance like a fool, and my feet did not really hurt at the end of the night. Woot for sneakers!

E said...

* had, not has