Sunday, May 23, 2010

Syd's Party

Sydney's party was at Shanna's house...they just finished their amazing backyard, so it was the perfect place. Mike and I are officially jealous...since we have a broken, brown pool and dirt. Guess we should've been business owners instead of cops. Such is life. (these pictures don't even show 1/2 of their amazing yard...I waited too long to take pictures and the dark ones just don't do it justice!!)
Sydney was very exited to get her graduation/18th birthday gift from her parents- a trip to Chicago in June!! She was very excited...and Richelle and I are very envious. She also loved the scrapbooks Richelle made for her...I helped, but Richelle did the majority of the hard work and endless hours of making it happen. They turned out super cute & Syd loved 'em so much she even cried. Very cool.
The kiddos swam...and we all enjoyed cotton candy and snow cones. I can't remember the last time I ate so much dang cotton candy. It was so much fun. It's great to watch little kids figure it out...love it.
I love Sydney so very much and am so proud of her and all the things she has accomplished thus far in her short life. She is so talented, smart, beautiful, etc. She is turning out to be quite the amazing young woman...I love watching her grow as the days continue to speed by.

p.s Richelle got her wish and was able to throw Sydney in the pool. The funny part was Mike (Shanna's Mike) got his wish and threw Richelle in the pool. He's been patiently waiting a LONG time to get Richelle back... I was able to avoid being thrown in by Richelle and Syndey...so they thought it was funny to get a bucket and cover me in water. It was so cold!!
p.s.s Here are the cakes Nana made for Syd. Awesome as always... :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

it was an amazing party for an amazing girl! i am so sad i missed the girls being thrown in the pool, dang it. great party, great cakes, great venue, we all had a fabulous time !