I'm lucky enough to only have felt "jipped" on Mother's Day once or twice after my mom died. The first year, I was asked to speak in church on Mother's Day. I'm still not thrilled I had to, but since I don't mind public speaking...I didn't hold a grudge. The next Mother's Day (Mela)Noma lived with us. She made everything bad...including Mother's Day. I was 16 (and a bratty teenage girl...I'm sure) and SHE wasn't my mother...so I didn't tell her, "Happy Mother's Day". I guess that was wrong. She left that day, but didn't leave for good a few weeks later.
After brunch we drove home to finish preparing for my family to come over for dinner. We had a chili bar, so it was relatively easy to put together. Mike has been doing all the lifting since the IUI because I was told not to do anything strenuous, lift anything, etc. I can't wait for Tuesday- D-Day. Then I can lift things and go hiking again...or not.
Our house is perfect for entertaining. The kids can RUN up and down the stairs, up and down the hallway...in and our and around the game room, etc. There is plenty of space to sit and talk, or hang out in the kitchen...or sit at the table to play games. I love this house. During dinner we also watched the Suns sweep the series against the Spurs.
Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and mom loved the camera we all chipped in to buy for her. We are excited for her to have a new camera (that works).

2 comments:
It is Tuesday (D-Day) as I write this comment, I wanted to let you know your in my thoughts today. Best wishes! I am thinking Positive Baby Energy and sending it both your ways.
nice pic uncle richard! oh the days of melanoma. um, i totally forgot you got asked to speak in church on mothers day - that's just wrong.
Post a Comment