Monday, February 25, 2013

Drivin'

One of Blip's favorite gifts from his big birthday bash is definitely his 4x4 truck...all thanks to Auntie Erin & Aunt Michelle.  I will admit that it is also a favorite of the two adults living here, too.  It's so much fun!!




About a week after the party I was still cleaning up.  The major cleaning happened the night of the party, but there were things here and there that needed...still.  Mostly I need to post all the stuff for sale, so it can leave this house...never to return.  



Anywho...I had Blip on lock down while he snacked and I worked on whatever house cleaning project I was working on.  I bumped into the big box in the entryway one too many times...so I decided it was time.



It took me over an hour (okay....almost two) to get that stinkin' truck put together!!  Luckily, I have the world's best baby...so he snacked and watched me fight with plastic pieces that didn't want to fit together.  I finally won the fight...and we were off to the races.



Did I mention there is a horn..??  It's awesome.

We made a race track from around the dining room table (a total no-no, if you ask the sane, not just had her butt kicked by a toy me, but I digress...) around the island in the kitchen, down the hallway...a 3-point turn in the laundry room and back.  I wish we didn't have the stupid gates!!  We could make the race track bigger...and around the entire staircase/kitchen!!  Oh well...I'm sure someday that will be happening and I will be begging for it to stop. :)




The next day it was my turn to be a spectator.  As much fun as it is to be the power and speed behind the truck, it's a blast to watch Blip's face.  And Mike's too.



Pure joy.  My most favorite thing ever.

No comments: