Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve

This year we spent Christmas Eve celebrating with Mike's family at Kelly's house. I worked for part of the day, but luckily it was one of Mike's normal days off, so he was home with Blip.  Once I got home from work, we got everything together and headed to Kelly's in the afternoon.




We had prime rib for dinner with corn, potatoes, salad...and green jello, too.  Blip didn't try any this time, but I know Mike was happy to have one of his favorite dishes.  We are never asked to bring any food to Buvala celebrations, so we usually show up with soda or a dessert when asked.  It makes it easier to get out the door, but Kelly is left to do the majority (if not all) the cooking. This year we brought goodies I made over the weekend.  The food was delicious...as always.  The baby didn't eat too much, but I think that had something to do with so much going on around him.  He's too nosey for his own good.







After dinner, Grandpa Santa pushed it into high gear and started passing out presents.  Poor Grandpa was not feeling 100%, so he had to wear a mask...and he didn't get to hold Blip or Tucker.  That sucked, but we made the best of it.  Luckily Grandpa felt well enough to be there at all.



Blip was on the receiving end of a few fun gifts!  Grandpa and Grandma got him a fun Fisher Price train that he really likes to play with.  They also got him a gift card to Toys R Us, so he can pick out something fun.  Blip also got some fun cars from Uncle Sean & co. A little police car and a fire truck.  They are super cute!  Ray and Rebecca gave Blip a pack of the super cute animal/bug hand puppets.  They are so fun...I have always loved those puppets!  Glad I finally have an excuse to play with them.




I know there are a few more things, but my brain can't recall what they are at the moment.  (Is there a drug to help with  the deadly combo of bad thyroid brain and pregnant brain mixed together to make someone's brain not work at all!?)  I seriously would lose my head if it was not attached...it's awful.




I think watching the reaction of the little kiddos is the best part of opening presents.  I am so in love with the innocence.







This kid has so many toys already...I had a really hard time coming up with things he "needed" when we were asked by the grandparents.  My suggestions were for the money that would be spent to be deposited to his college savings account we started a few months ago, or a few other things we would like him to have, but that are not toys.  I had no idea what to say he wanted/needed.  Blip loved what he got, so I guess it all worked out!



After all the gifts were passed out, we all masked up and took a group photo.  That was fun and something that doesn't happen often....the mask part, too. haha



We had a wonderful time celebrating Christmas with the Buvala clan this year.  We arrived home pretty late, but Blip is back to sleeping like a champ.  I transferred him from his car seat to his bed/wedge...he never even moved.  Then it was time to get the house ready for Santa's arrival.