Blip is very active. It was hard to actually see his parts because he was moving so much.
I thought today was the Level II ultrasound, but that is in the works to be scheduled for my 18th week. I have to go back to Dr. A in two weeks too. Dr. A also wants me to have a consult with a high risk doctor...just to be safe.
Dr. A kept me on bed rest...and she didn't give me an end date. My ovaries are the same sizes; the right is bigger than the left. I asked Dr. A to sign something saying I was allowed to get a prenatal massage...she told me no way. I asked her if I was allowed to do any exercise...she said no way. She did agree to let me get in the pool, but not to exercise...just to relax.
We asked more questions about what could happen if this or that happens...or doesn't happen. It is a possibility my ovaries won't go back to normal until my pregnancy is over. That won't be great for my comfort. They aren't big enough to drain. If I was to need one removed, it would only be one...my right one. It was always bigger and had more follicles during my IVF cycle. My left is still bigger than it should be, but it isn't giving me nearly the problems...or pain.
I asked if I could carry a baby without ovaries. Her face said, "Yikes!!" Her words said it would be possible, but I would need hormone supplements. Mike explained to her that we want more children, so taking an ovary or two is to be our very last option. We only have two embryos left...we hope at least one of those will work, but who knows. We are afraid of having our decisions made for us.
They both hurt today though. The ultrasounds always give me pain...all the pushing and prodding. Is it awful that I would prefer the vaginal ultrasound..?? They didn't cause me any discomfort.
As soon as we left the office, I could feel the tears running down my face...I am so frustrated. I am willing to do whatever it takes to deliver a healthy baby boy, but it does not make this any easier. I can't say it enough- I am so thrilled to be pregnant and I feel so blessed to be carrying our baby boy. I will do anything to make sure he gets here safely...I can't wait to hold him and love him.

3 comments:
I just talked to Batman & he wanted me to tell you that a couple years ago when The Joker was terrorizing the citizens of Gotham was one of the greatest obstacles he's ever had to face. But it seems like a cake-walk compared to everything you've been going through lately. He said, in a way, your ovaries are agents of chaos - introducing a little anarchy & upsetting the established order. But you're the hero the Blip deserves AND the one he needs right now. His silent guardian & watchful protector.
Anyway, that's just what he said. He can be a little weird sometimes if you ask me. But I know he admires how strong you are.
;)
Wow Randi! I can't believe all that you have to go through with this pregnancy.....or should I say "get to go through"! I know you are so thankful to be pregnant and to have a healthy baby, but I also know that there is only so much a person can take. You are so incredibly strong!!! I must say that I had a friend who had to have an ovary removed during her pregnancy (through IVF also) and her baby went full term and was strong as ever. She also then got pregnant on her own a year and a half later! With only one ovary!!! Crazy stuff! So just know that it is still possible no matter what the odds are. Love you! :)
randi- whoever kevin is that posted on here is awesome! i wish i was so cool to have thought of something like that. good man!!!!
as my southern mother would say, "Bless Your Heart!" and maybe bless your ovaries too!
while you are all best rest-ish... check out the show Lark Rise to Candleford on You Tube. It is so good!!!!!
Post a Comment